2017-11-02 02:45:48 +0000 - Written by Carl Burks
I have lots of really good reasons for my lack of updates so here is a mega update.
I friend at work was nice enough to bring me some peppers from his garden. We made a great pepper sauce with vinegar.
Lemon Penny Battery
We got inspired from various YouTube channels, namely, _King of Random. I had been trying to do at least one electronic project a week, so I did one the kids could enjoy and help me with.
- Pennies after 1986
- Tape or a container for the battery
- An acid lemon juice, vinegar, or try something
- sandpaper or a file
- a bowl for the acid
- File down one side of the pennies
- align the pennies so all the copper sides face the same way
- Cut strips of cardboard into squares
- Alternate pennies and cardboard soaked in acid
- Measure the cell
- repeat until desired voltage
- wrap tape around it leaving the top and bottom exposed
The family got a puppy.
Many sleep interrupted nights later, I attended a maker space training:
I made a Hex Battle board:
Here is the
I wrote to make it.
I told my mom I'd make her a PreAmp I made a nicer case than my Radio shack special:
Super Secret Special Project
I've been working on a super secret special project. I hope to have some updates after it is no longer a secret.
I got a new to me HP-54601B ocilloscope.